We are so excited to bring this post to you, this is one of the most exciting time of the year it’s Father’s Day in a weeks time, it’s a great time to shower your old man with more love and gifts than ever, after all we can never really do this enough for all our dad’s do for us.
We planned to do something special for our dad this time by gifting him something he really loves. Our dad is a big fan of his mustache and he loves his drink!
So we made a personalised DIY mustache/ beard oil and a DIY aromatised Rum 🙂 we will share this with you so you have some inspirations for your Father’s Day gift!
You can do the this in a few minutes, with just 3-4 ingredients.I used almond oil, jojoba oil, sandlewood and vanilla fragrance oils.
Almond oil: is a very popular carrier oil in beard oils.It not only softens and conditions the hair but is much more geared towards the health of the skin below the beard and mustache. It makes an exceptional choice for dry and itchy skin.
Jojoba oil is actually a liquid wax and is the carrier oil closet to sebum which is the natural oil produced by your skin, so it’s not just good for your skin but also for your mustache and beard as it is absorbed by your beard and mustache like a sponge.I have listed the steps and quantities below.
- One empty bottle preferably with a holder.
- Two Tbsp of base carrier oil, I used almond oil ( you can also use hemp oil, avocado oil or grape seed oil)
- Two Tbsp of special carrier oil I used jojoba oil ( you can also use rose hip seed oil, argan oil or pumpkin seed oil)
- I used 10 drops of sandlewood and 5 drops of vanilla fragrance oil( you can try any blends of fragrance oil of your choice)
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.
- Then transfer the oils into the bottle using a funnel.
- You can label and decorate the bottle the way you like and you are ready with a perfect gift for your dad in minutes.
To use it all your dad has to do is put 4-5 drops of the moisturizing oil on his palm and apply to the mustache, beard and skin.
2: DIY AROMATISED RUM
You can make an aromatised rum with any fresh fruits combination you like, I added my dad’s favourite Pineapple and ginger as the main ingredient. You can aromatise any spirit beverages like whisky, vodka, brandy etc you have to just keep in mind that it has to have a high concentration of alcohol (50% alc).
Ingredients I used :
- Rum 100cl
- Star anise
- Brown sugar
- Large necked empty bottle
How to aromatise Rum :
- Cut the pineapple and ginger and fill half the bottle. ( all fresh fruits used must be ripe or else they won’t release the flavor well)
- Add the spices and sugar.
- Fill up the bottle with the alcohol.
- Close the bottle and shake well.
- The aromatised Rum takes 3-6 weeks to get its flavor, so be patient 😊
- After the first two weeks you should check the rum, to see if some flavors are too present, if so you can remove the fruits which are too present and add others as per your taste.
- You can use all fresh fruits to make aromatised alcohol, just be sure to close the bottle well and store it in a warm place.
I hope you guys will try out our DIY ideas, share with us if you do we would love to hear from you!
Have a great week and an even greater Father’s Day!