Autumn is here! It’s time to make our skin ready for these colder months as it tends to become dry and flaky. Since it’s the ‘pumpkin season’ we can see pumpkins everywhere in lattes, pies, cakes and so I thought why not give our skin this little treat as well.
- It is high in zinc, vitamins A and C.
- It helps heal and protect the skin from free radicals.
- It also helps to retain the moisture in the skin and gently dissolves dead skin cells.
- It removes excess oil and helps prevent pimples. It leaves your skin glowing and moisturised.:)
WHATELSE CAN WE ADD?
- Honey is a natural antibacterial, helps to moisturise your skin and cleans out the dirt from your skin.
- Coconut oil for that extra moisture and irresistible fragrance and
- Milk hydrates, exfoliates and lightens the skin, and gives a natural glow.
Try out this homemade pumpkin face mask now!
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Purée
- 2 Tbsp Honey ( if you have oily skin use apple cider vinegar instead of honey)
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
Step to make this super moisturizing mask:
- Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl.
- Then apply the mask on cleansed face and neck.
- Let the mask sit for 15-20 mins and then wash off with warm water.
- Pat dry with a towel.
- You can store your left overs in the freezer ( can be used upto 2 months).
I love how moisturizing this mask is, it’s exactly what my skin needs this season.
Quick tip: Don’t throw out the pumpkins you carve for Halloween, use the inside to make purée and the seeds can be roasted and blended to use to exfoliate dead skin.
I hope you enjoyed this, do let me know if you try this one out!
🎃Happy Halloween 🎃
Article by : Rachel Fernandes | Lawyer,Cosmetics Formulator, Beauty Addict | 🇬🇧