Making your own soap at home is so much fun! It’s so so easy and they are a luxurious treat for your skin, these can even make a great gift to a loved one. Winter is almost here, these cold n dry days make your skin demand that extra care and hydration.
Today I’ll show you how I made my own soap so that my skin can be well mositurised during these chilly dry days.
I am so excited to share how I made these yummy looking😋 Oatmeal soaps.
To start I used Goat Milk soap base (you can also use Shea butter soap base which is a great moisturiser as well) for its moisture retaining properties and oats.
Oat’s are a great source of fiber and protein, and many minerals and vitamins, so it is a common ingredient at homes. Oatmeal is known for its soothing effect on skin and helps reduce dryness. It is also a natural exfoliator and leaves the skin smooth and fresh.
Let’s start with these soaps:
- 1 kg Goat Milk Soap Base
- 1 cup Oats ( I blended my oats but u can also use them whole)
- Lavender essential oil (optional)
- Silicon Moulds
- Start by melting the soap base in the microwave ( keep checking every 15 seconds so you avoid over heating and bubbling)
- Mix the blended Oats and lavender oil in the melted soap.
- You can sprinkle some oats in the mould and then pour the soap mixture in the moulds.
- And wait for it to set and leave for two or three days to dry well.
- Then go ahead and pack it with cling film and decorate how you like.
These soap bars are so cute you can actually give them away as gifts for Christmas.😬
Where to buy :
Article by : Rachel Fernandes | Lawyer,Cosmetics Formulator, Beauty Addict | 🇬🇧