Don’t know what to do with the roses after Valentine’s Day?
Once the roses loose it’s freshness you can put these petals to good use for your skin. Roses have natural healing and cooling properties and works wonders for your skin. You can go ahead and make a gentle exfoliating and calming scrub for your face or Rose bath salts.
Rose Petal Face Scrub:
What you need
- 1 Tbsp dried rose petals
- 1 Tbsp powdered oats
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp almond oil or olive oil
- Grind the Rose petals and the Oats together in a grinder.
- Add the honey and oil to this mixture.
- Apply this on your face and leave for 10 minutes then gently scrub and wash off with warm water.
The rose is known for its calming and cooling properties and is very gentle on skin. Honey and oats are used to soothe skin, cleanse pores and gently exfoliate keeping the dead skin away.
Rose Petal Bath Salts:
What you need:
- 1 cup Rose petals (dried overnight)
- 1 cup Epsom salt
- 1/3 cup baking soda
- 2/3 cup milk powder
- Rose essential oil or rose water (optional)
- Glass container
Let’s make this :
- Start by removing the petals from the Roses and add few drops of esstential oil or rose water and let them dry overnight.
- Next mix the Epsom salt, baking soda and milk powder in a large bowl, mix well to avoid any clumps.
- Next crumble the petals into small pieces and add to the mixture. Store this in an air tight container and enjoy your relaxing bath.
The milk powder and baking soda will help to soften the skin and Epsom salts have been known to soothe sore and tired muscles and detoxify the body. After a stressful day all you need is this relaxing bath soak😉
Enjoy Gals ❤ let the love show deep in your skin.
If you like this article don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to our blog for more beauty DIY’s like this.
Article by : Rachel Fernandes | Lawyer,Cosmetics Formulator, Beauty Addict | 🇬🇧