Today I’m going to share my secret weapon to transform greasy dull hair to fresh hair with volume – Dry Shampoo! Dry shampoo has always been a life saver, especially in a busy lifestyle. Nothing works better on a bad hair day or early mornings when you have to rush. This is also very helpful before styling your hair as hair will hold better when its not freshly cleaned, that’s where dry shampoos come in to the rescue.
HOW DO THEY WORK?
Dry shampoos work by absorbing excess oil and grease in your hair, without needing to wash it.
It is really easy to make your own, it is wallet friendly and you won’t be putting chemicals on your hair. That being said I always have an over the counter option inmy bag as it is easier to carry around and great for quick application, I will list some of off the counter otions below for you.
HOW TO MAKE IT?
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch powder
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5-7 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- a jar
- a brush for application.
Start by mixing the cornstarch and cocoa powder in a bowl. If you like you could add esstential oils to this mixture. ( I didn’t add esstential oils as I love the smell of chocolate 😊). Mix all the ingredients well and store in an airtight container.
Tip: For light hair you may or may not need cocoa powder depending on the intensity of your hair( skip it if your hair is light blonde as it will be too dark).
HOW TO USE THE DRY SHAMPOO?
- Dip the brush in the jar and tap of the excess.
- Divide your hair into sections and apply the shampoo.
- Then brush your hair from root to tip, this ensures that the powder is evenly distributed.
- Now run your fingers through to check if you have missed any oily parts.
- Go ahead and style your hair now and your ready to go out.
If incase you don’t have time to make this at home or if you need an extra to carry around in your purse or workplace, here are a few options:
Check them out 🙂 here
Evening Primrose Shampoo – Dry Hair • John Masters Organics •