Highlighters are the most glam and fun makeup products that add that final touch of magic to your look! I love using highlighters as it instantly brightens and brings out my best features. Highlighters can be very expensive and it can also be difficult to find the shade you like. That’s why I like to use my own homemade one as it is super budget friendly and as it is handmade you know exactly what goes in it 😉 Make your own highlighter at home, using these simple ingredients. The best part about making the highlighter yourself is that you can customize it just the way you like.
What you need:
- Bees wax
- Almond oil
- Mica powder
- Empty container
How to make:
- Melt the beeswax and almond oil in a double boiler and once they have melted get it off the heat.
- Now add in the mica powder/shimmer and stir this mixture.
- Then pour into the container and continue mixing as the mica can settle to the bottom.
How to apply:
- Take a small amount of this highlighter and apply on the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose and the cupid’s bow of your lips for a plumped effect.
- You can blend the highlighter with your finger or with a brush.
- You can even use this under your foundation to give a glowy/ dewy finish to your look. Just apply it lightly all over the face and then apply the foundation on top of it.
I hope you will enjoy trying out this super easy DIY, do let me know in comments below how you like it. This highlighter can make a great gift for the festival season coming ahead. ❤️
Find us on Instagram/ Facebook/ Twitter @chaiandlipstick
Catch you guys soon! Byeeeeeeeee
Article by: Rachel Fernande | Lawyer, Cosmetics Formulator, Beauty Addict | 🇬🇧