I had already heard about eyelash extensions, but Eyelash lift was completely new to me, and I absolutely wanted to put it to the test. Thanks to Prital, Brow and Lash artist, I got a chance to test this treatment and I am super excited to share it with you guys.🙃
What is an Eyelash Lift?
An eyelash lift is a treatment that gives the natural lashes a thicker and curled effect. Elle Magazine calls it a perm for the lashes – “lash lifts set the shape of your natural lashes using a chemical solution”. Some even call it a push-up bra effect for lashes! The final result is your own lashes but better 😬
Things to know
- If you have never done a hair, brow or lash dye before, then you will need a patch test.
- After consultation, the therapist will choose the correct silicon shield size for your lashes. The thicker the lashes, the bigger the silicon shield.
- There are 3 stages to this treatment. Timings can vary depending on the thickness of lashes.
Lifting lotion- 12-15 mins / Perming lotion- 12-15 mins / Lash tint- 5-8 mins
How long does it last?
8 – 10 weeks. You should be rebooking again in the 6-7 week mark.
- No water for 24 hours around the lash area.
- No gym, sauna or staying in sun for too long for 24 hours.
- No makeup for 24 hours around the area.Thereafter it’s fine but just use non-oil based makeup remover. The makeup remover recommended by our lash artist Prital is the Simple Makeup Remover available in Boots or any drugstore in London.
- Brush your lashes in the morning with a disposable mascara wand for up to 1 week.
I didn’t have any preparations for the consultation. I never tried eyelash extensions, I had no idea what I was in for…I am happy to say I am very pleasantly surprised with the result. The pic below was taken after the treatment. I love waking up to my beautiful lashes.
My trip to Malta was a great time to put my new lashes to the test, my lashes withstood the heat and are still curled up in place and intact! Check out the pic below, my lashes 15 days after the treatment (no mascara).
I would recommend this treatment for anyone who is looking for a boost to their natural lashes, unlike lash extensions which result in thinning of your natural lashes this is definitely a better option to put your own lashes in the limelight.
The most important is to get the treatment done by a lash artist who you can trust. If you are in London I highly recommend Prital Brow and Lash Artist, she is a true professional in her field, passionate about her work and offers great customer service.
I hope you enjoyed reading this, if you have already tried an eyelash lift please let me know your thoughts about it in comments.
Catch you guys soon with more beauty talk! Have a great weekend!
Article by: Rachel Fernandes | Lawyer, Cosmetics Formulator, Beauty Addict | 🇬🇧