Yayyyy spring is here!!! Get ready friends, I am going to share a series of my favorite trends to follow this season, today I will show you how to glaze your skin- yes you heard it right! Glazed skin is the new skin trend, seen all over runway shows, this trend was born in Korea/ Japan and is being adopted by many makeup pros to give their models the fresh, beautiful, healthy looking skin! Ready to get glazed? Scroll down…
I recently subscribed to Birchbox, which is a beauty box that contains 5 beauty products from different brands. As I love trying out different products regularly, I subscribed to Birchbox. It’s like a gift to yourself (trust me, this is a great way of pampering yourself). The box you receive is personalized to your beauty profile, so the products you receive are chosen for you!
The February box
The theme of the February box is celebrating timeless beauty trends of the past. And these are the 5 products that I received in the February Birchbox.
- The Beauty Crop Eyeshadow:
This eyeshadow trio is nourished with avocado to help hydrate the skin while allowing you to highlight, shadow, line, and contour. You can create a perfect day to night look with this coffee-inspired palette.You can use this dry for a natural finish or wet for a more dramatic look. I received this eyeshadow in full size. Check out the brand HERE.
- Pixi Lip Balm
This lip balm by Pixi is packed with nourishing shea butter and vitamin E, so you’re assured that your lips are taken care of. This lip balm instantly moisturizers your lips and bonus it is infused with a hint of pink hue. I think this was a perfect pick for the winter weather. I received this lip balm in full size.
- Percy & Reed finishing polish
This gentle styler contains horse chestnut extract giving you a soft and flexible hold while the sunflower wax gently moisturizes. This is a lightweight nongreasy finisher which can be used for any style or hair type. I received this product in a travel size 30 ml.
- Luseta Coconut Milk Hair Mask
This hair mask is free from sulfates, paraben, and gluten. This nourishing mask is designed to repair damaged hair. The mix of fatty acids and vitamins will leave your strands soft, silky and protected. And this can be used also on colored hair. I received this product in a travel size 30 ml.
- Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream
This wonder eye cream is packed with chamomile lemon and cucumber oils to brighten, while rosehip and carrot oils help soften and smoothen this delicate area. It is rich but not heavy and gets easily absorbed in the skin. I received this product in a 7ml sample size.
This was my first Birchbox and I think it didn’t impress me much except for the coconut milk hair mask.
The March box
The march box is all about you and giving that extra time to yourself. So it’s time to relax and look after yourself. And these are the products are received in the March box.
- BLAQ Hydrogel eyemask :
BLAQ comes to the rescue to those tired eyes with this Hydrogel eyemask. Remove the thin film layer and apply the eyemask under your eyes and leave them on for about 15 minutes, letting the activated charcoal detox and de-puff tired eyes.
- Benefit BADgirl BANG Mascara
This Mascara by benefit contains aero-particles, commonly found in astronauts spacesuits, to deliver volume with lightweight lift in every swipe. The brush is moulds to catch every single lash from corner to corner and the impactful look will last u upto 36 hours.
- Manna Kadar Brozer -highlighter Duo
This product was full size and a handy duo of bronzer and highlighter. You can either buff the bronzer all over the face for a subtle glow to skin or just dust beneath your cheekbones for a natural sculpt. To complete the look sweep the highlighter on the cheeks.
- Oribe Apres beach wave & shine spray
This two in one formula work both on wet or dry hair to create a natural unfussy appearance of beach waves without the crispy effects of salt water. Just give the can a good shake and spray it on your hair and work your fingers through for a tousled finish. I received this product in a travel size.
- Baija Royal Body scrub
This body scrub is perfect for sad and dull skin. It’s packed with honey and soothing Shea and is a great exfoliator for brightening and sloughing away dry patches. Massage it onto damp skin in circular motions and wash away with warm water, bonus point it smells yummy.
I absolutely loved the March BIRCHBOX, I loved all the products and can’t wait to try them all.
Article by: Rachel Fernandes | Lawyer, Cosmetics Formulator, Beauty Addict | 🇬🇧
This is the makeup I wore to last night’s dinner date! I am a no fuss person and like to get my makeup done super quick, even if it means going glam!
I spent approximately 20 minutes on all my makeup.
- I started by applying a primer with my fingers and then used a sponge to apply my foundation. ( I have listed all the products for you at the end of the article). Using a sponge and tapping my foundation on gives me high coverage.
- I went with a darker color than usual for my brows, to give my look more definition. Especially for night outs, I love my eyebrows to be well defined.
- Using a Kohl pencil, fill in like I did in the pic below. Don’t worry too much about it being perfect, as we will blend it in the next steps.
- Do the lower lashline too using the same Kohl Pencil.
- Blend the edges using a fluffy brush, pull it outwards towards the temple to give yr eyes an almond shape 🙂
- Now using a matte brown eyeshadow fix the kohl base.Blend the edges to give it a smudgy feel. Use a fluffy brush and do a windshield movement to blend.
- Now use the foundation sponge to clean out any fallout and sharpen the shape of the eye makeup.
- To finish apply mascara generously, and tightline the eyes to intensify the look. Check how I work my eyelashes HERE.
- Add highlighter to add a glow to the skin. Check placements of highlighter HERE.
- I completed my look with a cream finish pinkish nude lipstick.
I hope you enjoyed creating this look with me 🙂 It’s super easy and gives you an ultra glam look within minutes.
Checkout the list of products I used: HERE
Article by: Mellissa Fernandes | Makeup Artist | 🇫🇷
This makeup inspiration definitely came from beating the heat, a need for freshness, a splash of water, what else beats the heat like a dewy cooling vinyl makeup! Pop glossy lids with a touch of juicy blurred lips. I have listed the products I used below: Cool It the VINYL way 😉